Anime Sols announced in a special video that they will be giving a signed illustration by Akemi Takada (Creamy Mami's character designer) away to one random lucky supporter of all 4 Creamy Mami DVD Box Sets! So if you’ve already pledged towards all 4, you’re already entered. If you haven’t purchased any of the previous Creamy Mami DVD sets, you can add the first 3 to your order when you pledge for the 4th and final volume on their site here, and you’ll be entered to win! Good luck, and keep spreading the word to help get Creamy Mami fully funded! 9 days left and less than $9,000 to go!
There’s less than 12 days for the final and fourth DVD boxset of Creamy Mami to reach it’s goal for an official release. Right now it’s at $8,325 so it only needs $9,675 to reach it’s goal of $18,000.
For those who missed out on the first three boxsets can add them when you pledge for the 4th one. Pledge, spread the word, whatever you can!
Support Creamy Mami!
The final volume of Creamy Mami has less than 11 days to reach it’s funding goal on Anime Sols, and it needs your help to succeed!
Why should you contribute to Creamy Mami on Anime Sols?
- It’s the final volume of the series! If it doesn’t get funded, it’s likely that the series will remained unfinished on DVD.
- If you pledge towards the higher tiers, you can receive some pretty awesome Japanese Creamy Mami goods!
- While several shows have failed to reach funding, Creamy Mami is consistently one of their top shows. It would be a shame if it got this far and people forgot about it.
- If Creamy Mami succeeds, Anime Sols might consider releasing more classic mahou shoujo (such as Magical Emi).
So what can you do to help?
- Contribute towards their funding goal! Remember, you won’t get charged anything until after the goal is met.
- Don’t have any money? Then spread the word! Tell your friends, pass links around, and reblog links!
- Anime Sols has both a Twitter account and a Facebook page, so retweeting and sharing posts from either that have official links and info are also super helpful in getting the word out there.
- Chances are, you might know at least one person who likes magical girl shows—so let them know! Have they donated towards it yet? Do they even know it exists? Ask them about it! (Or better yet, pledge for a DVD set as a gift for them!)
- Don’t like magical girl shows? That’s understandable! You still might consider donating $5 just to help the show along—and remember, Anime Sols DOES offer more than just magical girl shows. Any series that’s successful helps them fund more shows!
The series needs around $10,000 to get funded, guys, so spread the word! Every little bit helps!
Until sometime this weekend probably. I’m thinking Sunday, but maybe not until next Wednesday. I’m not sure yet.
The problem is that I left my laptop at home when I came back to school on Sunday. My parents were going to bring it by yesterday (Monday), but then a huge bomb of personal junk went off. It’s all resolved now luckily, but in the meantime I am even further behind in my schoolwork than I normally would be after going home.
So smart decisions time and I’m just going to remove the obligations/distractions of this blog until I’m back close to where I should be. I’ll see you in a week or (hopefully) less!
Episode 3 of HappinessCharge made me so happy I’m going to have so much to talk about once the subs come out (gotta make sure I don’t miss anything you know). Not like a full liveblog, because I have to move on with my life at some point, but there are important things that must be discussed.
For now I’ll just leave it as “bless this franchise forever.” Because seriously.
I’m totally cool with all ships and I think all of them are super cute, but I’m most interested in het pairings because I’m a boring person who likes boring things
So with that said, Fakir/Ahiru and Manga!Mamoru/Manga!Usagi and all the ones in Rayearth
Basically I think it’s super cool when guys are totally awed by a girl’s power and not only love them but also do everything they can to support them
Yesss and that is pretty much the beauty of magical girl romance, isn’t it? Supportive relationships where girls rescue boys and he thinks that’s super cool forever!
It’s Valentine’s Day on Friday so one topic seems much more suitable than the rest this week: romance.
Seeing this question, I at first kind of just wanted to shout “ALL OF THE GIRLS WITH ALL OF THE OTHER GIRLS”. But then I actually tried narrowing it down to the ships I feel most strongly about and, to my surprise, there was a pattern.
Basically, I ship self-loathing, self-denying girls with the other girls who love them and desperately try to fill up the void where their self-love should be.
See: Minako declaring she has no intention of trying to fight her cancer as long as there is strength left in her body for fighting the Princess’s enemies, and Rei confronting her with fire in her eyes and rage in her voice and demanding she look at herself not as an expendable soldier but as a person.
See: Kyouko sharing her story with Sayaka to try to convince her to live for herself. Kyouko proclaiming Sayaka “the one thing [she] want[ed] to protect more than anything else” when Sayaka herself valued her own life below just about anything she could spend it protecting. Kyouko seeming to fail, only for Sayaka to return in Rebellion Story more confident and whole than she had ever been and tell Kyouko “I regret leaving you.”
See: Love giving Setsuna the pendant. Love holding Eas while she screams and telling her she’s lying when she says it doesn’t matter if she dies. Love giving Setsuna the clover. Love pouring all of her love into Setsuna until she ceases to be a facade and becomes more a real person than anyone ever gave Eas the chance to be.
Part of the appeal the dynamic is the fantasy of being rescued like that, part of it is the fantasy of rescuing someone else, and part of it is just that it gets to the heart of everything that makes mahou shoujo great: girls valuing and protecting and supporting each other, and standing by each other against all odds.
Happy Valentine’s Day from Cardcaptorchronicles!